Old August 10th 04, 03:01 PM
lance smith

Hi Shane,

I've done this XC in a C152 and it's not too bad. You get a nice view
of the desert : ) You will have to get around the mountains east of LA
and to do so you can:
1) hop over Julian (JLI)
2) go thru banner pass (and see the windmills).
If you're going round trip/return you can do both options. I stopped
at Palm Springs (PSP) on the way up, it's a good stop. From there head
north and thread through the restricted areas, there's only one route
really.

You've seen the other comments on prices at LAS- are you staying the
night there? If not the price isn't too bad, I paid $3.30/gal for
100LL (when prices were normally $2.50) but that's it. I just stopped
for a bite to eat and left, no landing fees, etc at Signature.

p.s. the flight out to catalina island is a nice.

-lance smith

"Shane" wrote in message ...
I live in the UK and am considering a trip from the San Diego area to Las
Vegas at the end of the year.

I'm yet to get my hands on the charts, and being low on hours I was
wondering if anyone had any advice on how easy the trip would be to make.
or any other relevant advice they could share with me.

I learned to fly in the U.S. so I'm not tooo! worried about that aspect)

Thanks

Shane
(60 hr PPL).