Old January 29th 04, 03:42 PM
ASJ

It's amazing to watch all these people turn against AirNav. I use the site
every time I was doing long distance planning. The FBO list and the
comments were the best part of it. The site is simple, fast and works
well. (for people on slow dialup lines at home or traveling simple is
really good!)

I clicked on "add new fbo" and it listed the basic listing as $20/year.
This certainly isn't going to break the bank at any fbo.

I hope he doesn't start loosing lists as that's one the main uses I have for
the site. That said it costs money to run it and he has to make money
somehow. Maybe this will work for him, maybe not? I certainly hope it
doesn't go away!

-Andrew

Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article, Tyler said:
Fuel prices at most of the airports within 50 miles of me are listed. I'm
not sure that all of them have a "subscription" with Airnav.

Last year, AirNav contacted me (as representative of my flying club) and
gave me a year to pony up some extremely high listing fee or get dropped
from their listing. Checking the fact that in the previous month only one
person had come to our club web site through the AirNav listing (versus
10-20 a day through Google) we declined to be listed.

I suspect your local FBOs are probably in their 1 year waiting period.

--
Andrew Stanley-Jones | "It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
EE, LongEz N87KJ | -- Walt Disney