Old April 15th 04, 03:13 PM
JTH

No the data base cannot be updated. Other than that the Flightmate Pro is a
nice unit.

Tarp Head

PS. No problem with using my description. It helped me sell both of my
flightmates.

On 2004-03-21 12:54:00 -0700, " jls" said:

"Georg Himmeroeder" wrote in message
I have a Trimble Flightmate Pro handheld GPS for sale and because Tarp
Head has described it so well, I took his text. I simply couldn' say
more!!

Thank you Tarp and I hope you are not to angry!

The unit has a complete Jeppesen database of all airports and navaids

in
the
world. You can store 100 of you own waypoints.

Can you update the database? I have a Flightmate and love it but the
database is outdated, with obsolete airport identifiers. If they'd

stick
with an identifier for the typical airport and not go running off after

new
ones all the time, it would be better for all concerned except the mfrs.

and
dealers in GPS's, don't you think?

I'll check that !

Georg