Old October 18th 03, 08:54 PM
Guy Alcala

Alan Minyard wrote:

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 00:28:03 -0600, "Daryl Hunt"
wrote:

"phil hunt" wrote in message

Multi-role, but with an emphasis on air superiority. Just as the
A-10 has multi-role capability: you can shoot down other aircraft
with it, but no-one would say it's designed as a fighter.

Ever play a game called, "Air Wars"? You should give it a try. It's out of
print these days. I would kill for a copy of it and the qualified people to
play it. Play that game using an A-10 and you will change your story. I am
afraid that a simulation is about the only way you will find out where you
are incorrect. The A-10 is a dead duck against other AC outside of L-5.

Playing games is a long, long way from combat. People who play games
need to realize that they are "playing a game" that does not reflect
reality.

Especially if they're playing SPI's old "Air War," which in many ways turned
physical reality on its head. See the mighty Buff outturn the F-104 at 480 KTAS
plus! David Isby's knowledge of physics was, shall we say, unusual.

Guy