Old August 22nd 08, 04:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

Default ***** Space Pictures's Argument Resolved At Last! *****

"Herman" wrote in
b.home.nl:

Nothing against posting in yEnc. Yust say so in the header so people who
don't like yEnc don't have to waste time on them.

The headers on my posts indicate yEnc. Don't tell me that some servers are
cutting it? I agree, obvious or not, it should be indicated. I wish people
would do that with all file types no matter how common they might be.

***** Space Pictures's Argument Resolved At Last! ***** - File 1 of 1
- yEnc "caveman.jpg" 33523 bytes (1/1)

The main gripe wit J3 was that he flooded the NG with 15,000 posts, not
even aviation related. The Space Shuttle is not an aircraft but a
spacecraft and no matter how pretty the pictures are that are taken from
the shuttle, they do not show aircraft. IMHO these pictures therefore do
not belong in this NG.

In a broad sense it is aviation (areospace) related. I tend to agree that a
line is drawn between aircraft and spacecraft but the shuttle is really
both in one. I never viewed any of J3's pictures. If they showed the
shuttle in the Earth's atmosphere landing, taking off or being serviced, I
would say they were acceptable. If pictures were outside the atmosphere
they should not be posted here.

He posted 15,000 seperate files? I saw maybe half of that on my server. J3
announced the flood as well as a second one. Maybe with all the ballyhooing
going on here, he might have had second thoughts. I don't think he ever
intended to get anyone upset originally, but if I got talked to the way
some people out here blasted him I would have said nuts to it and continued
posting too.

I hope that when someone new comes along again, certain others out here
will find the common sense to quit complaining. I did say I wanted world
peace too, didn't I?