Old July 18th 11, 08:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default UK2 AF392 Lockheed LightningMkII to USAF 43-2206 P-38G TontoutaABNewGuinea.jpg

On 2011-07-16 04:33:11 -0700, Joseph Testagrose
said:

image

Just to clarify Tontouta is on New Caledonia, not New Guinea.

Then to the best of my knowledge no "Lightning MkII's" were deployed by
the 5th AF in the SouthWest Pacific, or any other theater. The converted
"Lighting MkI's" were mean to be brought to the standard P-38E
specification, not P-38G. The converted AC were retained the USA as
advanced trainers and modification test platforms and never came close to
any combat zone.
--
Regards,

Savageduck

The tree's look very australianish. My first thought was it might be ariund
Townsville. But I just can't match teh mountain range.