Old November 22nd 16, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

Default Cobra trailer tail lights replacement?

On 11/22/2016 12:30 PM, John Bojack J4 wrote:
Looking to replace the factory/European style tail lights.

Although attractive (??) I think they can be confusing for USA drivers following behind it.

Any suggestions for improvement and/or making them more USA "friendly"? And also wiring them for USA vehicles.

I have seen several trailers with round L.E.D. replacement tail lights. Source?

All suggestions and advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

J4

I've used these in both my current and previous cobra trailer.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detai...it/A-p8006317e

The retailer is Canadian but you should be able to find an equivalent in
the US. The face plate is a direct fit for the existing cobra cutouts.
The rear portion (plastic box) has to be trimmed if the top of your
trailer has cuffs that hold the wingtip, if you have an ASG-29 type wing
with the handles you probably don't need to modify anything.

Luke