Old November 17th 05, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Gyro's was Groen Bros. DARPA Award

an alternative to the RAF is the AAI Sparrowhawk, made,
oddly enough, by the selfsame Groen Brothers of this thread.

http://gbagyros.com/

Well I'm just an armchair pilot folks.....

So correct me if I am wrong.

It's unfortunate that Ken Sandy EGGO isn't kicking around the group
these days, as I'm sure he would have jumped into this thread by now.

He lives in San Diego and has been flying Gyros for years.

He is a big big champion of the vertical (centerline) stabilizer on
gyros and I do believe has had his share of arguements with the
developers of the RAF gyros on this subject. He has talked about the
dangers of buntover with resulting death in this group at various
times.

If my feeble memory is correct a few years ago Ken sent his unit
to Groen brothers and had some conversion work done by them, which
they mention on their website

http://www.americanautogyro.com/Phot...%20Gallery.htm

Scroll down the photo page to see pix and surf their website for
written info.