Old December 14th 05, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default AOPA flight planner chuckle

Thanks for this John!

Now that I think about it,(and I had not, really) your comments make
sense...

I was thinking of myself having to get in first, rather than helping
the pax get situated and me being the last in...

But the Cessna seat IS a long way up there...

Dave

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 02:23:32 GMT, john smith wrote:

Probably easier to load pax with limited mobility....

From personal experience with my father who was in a wheelchair...
The easiest aircraft to get him in and out of was a Cherokee Six.
With the back door, all I has to do was stand him up and have him sit on
the door sill. Then I just lifted his legs up and turned him to face
forward.
The Cessna's are hard because they are so seat is so high and the
landing gear gets in the way of where they have to stand to position the
pax to get them in.
On a low wing like the Warrior/Archer/Dakota, you can slide them up the
wing and turn the pax to seat them in either the front or back seat.