Old January 30th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Whats the deal with counter-rotating props?

You would have to find if there is an STC to change an aircraft without CR
to CR
It involves more than just swapping the engine and propeller, also the
"rigging", and testing for the new MCA that the STC owner would have
completed and submitted to the FAA for certification.
BT

"Dico" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the link.

A very interesting read! I'm that much smarter now!

Another question... can you retro fit planes so that they have CR
props? What kind of cost/job is involved? I am guessing that you'd
need an engine that turns the other way and a different prop... but i'm
sure there is a lot more to it.

-dr