Old June 27th 04, 04:18 AM
Wizard of Draws

Default I can finally read...

....something other than IFR oral related material.
Since the weather was crappy yesterday and scrapped the checkride, and today
and tomorrow were forecast to be more of the same, I drove to
Andrews-Murphy, NC (KRHP) to get the oral portion taken care of.

We talked for about 2 hours with most of the questions coming out of the ASA
exam guide. Practically page by page until we started covering stuff that he
wanted to ask about in other ways.
I was surprised more by what he didn't ask me than by the questions he did.
I memorized a lot of details (freqs of localizers, NDBs & VORs, approach
category numbers, etc) that he barely touched on. I asked about them and he
said he could tell I knew them. I wanted to rattle them off anyway, but I
figured it best to not open any line of questioning that he didn't want to
pursue.
We went over the Low-alt Charts and approach plates with a fine toothed
comb.

Before I knew it, he was talking about the ride itself and the type/order of
the approaches we would be doing at Knoxville on July 3 if the weather
cooperates.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino
Cartoons with a Touch of Magic