Old September 14th 08, 11:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Whiley

Default B58

Alan Erskine wrote:
"Glenn" wrote in message

Great movie called Fail Safe had the B-58. In that movie, the B-58 was
called the "Vindicator"; was that the actual name?

With you on Fail Safe - unfortunately (and unjustly) overshadowed in
popular memory by Dr Strangelove, IMO.

.... and the name "(Villiers) Vindicator" was also used for the V-bomber
in Thunderball (the novel at any rate - I can't remember whether it was
named in the film, or whether the Vulcan just made an uncredited cameo
appearance.)

--
Dave

not-me should be djw001 and there's no need for any wossname