Old April 2nd 20, 10:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Default Grob 109B engine

On Thursday, April 2, 2020 at 8:15:56 AM UTC-7, Kristin Nowell wrote:
Just eyeballing it...
The intake manifold is a different configuration.
The exhaust ports are differently located.
The combustion chamber is smaller and differently shaped.
The rocker box is differently shaped.

What are you comparing it to? I did a little more research and borescoped the head. I am reasonably sure that it's a Porsche 914 head. They're very similar to the VW Vanagon head except with bigger valves and combustion chamber. Also the one I need has 3 intake studs instead of 4. All of the Vanagon and some of the 914 had 4.
http://www.autoatlanta.com/Porsche-9...Head-srch.html
http://mp.motoplaneur.free.fr/images/A_CIMG1936.jpg