Old August 11th 03, 07:49 PM
Lenny Sawyer

I hope they ship. I ordered the entire bundle (receiver, cables,
antenna, and an AC adapter for home use) and I think it was $850. They
told me they would start shipping on 8/15. I hope that is the case!

I am also planing on using a tablet PC with WxWorx and JeppView for
approach plates...

Lenny Sawyer

Richard Kaplan wrote:

"Mark T. Mueller" wrote in message

Any idea when the WxWorx boxes will be available? I am ready now!

Supposedly they will ship 8/15... I have a demo unit I used at my Forums
talk at Oshkosh, so I can tell you it does indeed exist.

I hope they work them out in short order. I would use it just about

anytime.

Agreed... the main engineering obstacle ("they will never do it" kind of
thing) was getting a portable antenna for a
geosynchronos satellite.. .since they have done that, I would hope a Nexrad
receiver could achieve the form factor of a
portable GPS.

Even better... why not a GPS/Nexrad portable combo? That would seem
currently technologically possible.