Old April 19th 04, 04:04 AM
David Brooks

"AaronK" wrote in message
"J Haggerty" wrote in message
news:cdDfc.8244$c%3.6439@okepread02...
Just found out at work the other day that NACO/FAA have started
publishing their own approach plates on line. They're actually pretty
crisp looking, even when printed.
You can view them here;
http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp

Just click on the current date range and then follow the links.

JPH

These are very nice crisp plates. With Aeroplanner for printing charts,

( I
have a 13x19 printer) I could drop my Jepps subscription. At least for

the
kind of limited flying I do. I found the old online scanned charts
unusable. ... Aaron

Although the NACOs have obviously learned from the great Jepp redesign, be
careful that you understand the differences before you go fly. They still
use those little coded icons (white letters in an upside-down triangle,
etc). And note there is no "descent rate" entry in the speed table, at least
on the ILS chart I looked at.

-- David Brooks