Old July 21st 04, 04:12 PM
Frank Stutzman

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Endre,

Yes and yes. It's supposed to come out this year. It will require your
unit to be sent to Garmin. Cost was said to be around 1500 $.

The Garmin rep at the Arlington Fly-in said that there are two upgrades to
the 430/530 this year. One is the $1500 WAAS upgrade (that included a
newer, faster processor) and the terrain avoidance upgrade that was
available for $500. It was not clear to me that the terrain upgrade
depended upon the WAAS upgraded, although that is what I would expect.
The display updates are slow enough already without the added terrain
data.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"