Old December 23rd 12, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Hangar Door Cables?

When I had a 1/4 SS cable go on my hangar (60' wide door with but 4 cables), I had a hard time finding a place that would swage on a copper stop for a reasonable price. Swaging tools are expensive too, so I decided to make my own - - easy!

Measured dimensions of minimum OD and max OD of existing swage. Drilled a block of mild steel with min size drill. Then drilled from each side with max size drill, leaving the correct width of min size swage width in middle. Cut block in half and used as die to do the deed in a hydraulic press.

bumper