Old December 25th 12, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Hangar Door Cables?

On Sunday, December 23, 2012 2:19:42 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
May I suggest:

LPS3. A good rust inhibitor, leaves a slightly waxy finish but nothing that picks up dirt like grease will. At work we use it on chain hoists used indoors and outdoors, left out in the rain and chains dragged across the ground.

Aircraft Spruce sell a $20 nicopress tool that is compressed by tightening bolts.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...?clickkey=9117

Jim

I love LPS products, but I might suggest Boeshield for this. I've used it on our club winch and my bikes. Next spring I think I'll try it on my garage door.
http://boeshield.com/
Available widely, even via Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Boeshield-T-9-.../dp/B008H5DB88