Old March 13th 10, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

On Mar 12, 7:22*pm, Mark Hansen wrote:
On 3/12/2010 4:49 PM, wrote:

I don't intend to start descending below MDA before MAP now just
because YOU and others say FARS says it's perfectly ok.. *See my
response to Sam.

You don't *have* to descend before reaching MAP. Your statement that
it was not allowed was wrong.

My exact words "I was told" I never said it was not allowed. Could
you please point me to where I said it wasn't allowed? Big difference
and I will be the first to apologize if I said it wasn't allowed..

Below the dashed lines is my response to Bob. I am only as good as
what I am told......

Who am I to question an instructor on what I am told UNTIL discussions
of this nature come up.

Like I said I am all for learning.
I was also told for checkride that I couldn't go below MDA
before MAP or it's a bust. (VOR alpha at KMBO is my most common non
precision approach) so that stuck out in my mind.