Old May 6th 05, 04:44 PM
Matt Barrow

"Jose" wrote in message
. ..
We have been in "global warming" some 20,000 - 30,000 years now and the
"warming" continues apace and on schedule...

Uh... I don't know about that. How much of a temperature rise was there
in the last fifty years? How much of a temperature rise was there in
the last twenty thousand years?

Are they on the same straight line?

The long term cycle of temperatures peaked in 1940.

When you use world wide reading and wash out the heat island effects, temps
have actually declined a bit in recent years.

A while back there was hysteria about glaciers in Yellowstone Park that had
now all but disappeared compared to pictures taken in the 1880's. They said
global warming, of course. The hysteria died out, though, when other
pictures showed they had all but disappeared by 1910.

If it wasn't for global warming, we'd still be in the Ice Age.