Old September 22nd 11, 12:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pilot Events Mandated by IGC?

On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:31:57 PM UTC-4, John Cochrane wrote:
The idea, I think, was to make gaggling and leeching harder. You had
to push the PEV to declare your "real" start, and could not start
again for 15 minutes after that. Then you could sneak off and do a
fake start, the leeches follow and then you go back for a real start.
Since the rest of the IGC rules make gaggling a necessity, you might
see why it wasn't so popular, to say nothing of the complexity.

John Cochrane

Right. IIRC, this was rushed through after the fatal midair in
the 1999 Bayreuth pre-worlds (as a means to discourage leeching
and resulting traffic concentration). I don't think it was ever
actually used in practice.

There's an Event Button in the SN10 ;-)
You'll see in the SN10 log file something like this:
E150305PEVPilot confirmed START

Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"