Old August 15th 19, 08:28 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6PK View Post
I don't think so...
The Libelle in the right hands will keep up if not out climb anything in it's class....period.
BTW presently I fly a DG but I did own a 201once...
I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "in the right hands". My first glider was a share in a Cobra 15 (SZD 36A)and I was never out climbed by any early glass including Libelles and ASW 15s

I was only 18 when I owned it, and to be honest was not up against the best pilots out there, but it's more about the loose nut behind the wheel (stick)

Oh yeah, not to forget the reason for this thread. I like flaps and in recent years my rides have been a Ventus a and a Nimbus 3D. I would have no problem having something without flaps especially something as cool as a D2c. The sheer joy of being airborne doing my best to be making like a bird doesn't depend on flaps or span

:-) Colin

Last edited by Ventus_a : August 15th 19 at 09:00 AM.