Old November 3rd 10, 06:43 AM
playtimeover playtimeover is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I am looking for an a/c, my first, to complete my training and to use
for recreational flying. I am looking at 172s and a book I recently
acquired (The Cessna 172 by Bill Clarke) suggests that this engine is
to be avoided.

I saw an ad in Trade-A-Plane by Factory Engines and the prices for
factory remanufactured engines are as follows:

O-320-E2D - $16,652 (this engine is the predecessor to the H2AD)

O-320-H2AD - $19,301 (the engine in question)

O-320-D2J - $16,923 (the sucessor to the H2AD)

To me this is indicative of continuing problems.

What has been the expierience of owners of Cessna 172Ns with this
engine?

Paul

There's no problem with the ad you saw. The ad will help you on what you are looking. I think there is other option on that ad, right?