Old January 19th 21, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wallace Berry[_2_]

Default Glider featured in a 1976 Camaro Commercial

On Friday, January 15, 2021 at 2:45:10 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I randomly came across this (very grainy) video on TikTok -- a commercial for a 1976 Camaro, featuring a glider.

Does anyone remember seeing this back in the day? Also, does anyone know who the pilot was, and where this was filmed?

Don't remember ever seeing that commercial, but it brought back a less-than-pleasant memory nonetheless. At 15 years old, my one and only ride in a 70's Camaro ended when the teenage driver missed a curve at speed. This resulted in a maneuver similar to that of the 1-26 in the commercial. Unlike the 1-26, that Camaro shed parts like an oversped Bonanza before coming to rest on it's belly in someone's front yard. Luckily, no serious physical injuries were sustained in the wreck.