Old May 18th 17, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Rich and I are friends, and I have been to Seminole Lake Gliderport a bunch of times over the past six years (including for two weeks a month ago). I love flying at Seminole. I wish I could be there more. I am excited about next season where Seminole will host the FAI SGP USA and the 18-meter Nationals. I am a huge fan of the location and the people who run the place, reside there, and especially of the pilots who fly there regularly each winter. Of course, I have no interest in hangars as I'm usually only able to be there for a week or two at most and usually park my glider at Mr. Farrington's house (with my dad). If lucky, like this year for the FAI SGP USA, I get to park near the clubhouse and main hangar for competitions. So, buying a hangar is not on my radar, even if I was aware of this pointless **** fight.

Amusing as always, your resident SJW and deeply fragile, conspiracy theorist is once again "seeing dead people" and lashing out mindlessly (and spittle spray) at anything that triggers her. I have no further comment or interest in such idiocy. https://img.memesuper.com/7c3e218722...e_600-450.jpeg

For the record, Seminole Lake Gliderport (SLG) is one of the very best soaring locations in the United States for several reasons. First, in terms of winter soaring in North America, SLG is one of the few east coast options for a soaring vacation. Everything you need is there and ready to go, seven days a week. Second, it's geographic location in Florida is ideal. For flying, its location regarding airspace and distance from the major ocean shores and sea breeze fronts are perfect. SLG is also close to Orlando's world-class entertainment. Third, it's soaring facilities themselves are outstanding (staff, instructors, tow equipment, rental and ride ships, aerobatic training and rides, motorhome power, beautiful grounds, pool, etc.). Much of this excellence is due to Rich who has taken on the leadership role (to help his friends and the many who frequent the glider port) and ensured the facility is maintained and continuously improved (enormously frankly). Rich works very, very hard at this along with his great team of employees who are all outstanding. The amount of effort that Rich and his team puts into that place is almost immeasurably (albeit unnoticed and perhaps underappreciated). Hell, Rich even mows the damn lawn! For me, working with the gang at SLG for the SGP was pure pleasure, and I already look forward to improving and expanding on that great success next season.

Sean Fidler
ASG-29 - 7T
Michigan USA

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 9:01:38 AM UTC-4, Rich Owen wrote:

Our capital improvement plan covers a 5 year period and includes new hangars. We have the money and the owners support. A contractor has been found but permitting in the Green Swamp Conservation area is difficult. Still, we are proceeding forward. We finished a drainage project before the Seniors which corrected a serious flooding problem. Thank you for checking up on us. Please let us know when your ready to lease a hangar.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring