Old June 25th 04, 03:45 AM
pacplyer

(Rich) wrote in message . com...
(pacplyer) wrote

I forgot to mention that due to the wild S-turns the vehicle's apogee
topped out only 400 feet above 100KM! That was according to Edwards
preliminary telemetry. That's so close I wonder if the other
contenders for the X-prize will try to challenge the data?

I don't beleive this flight counts towards the X-prize. The two
X-Prize flights must both be made with either two passengers or the
equivalent weight on board. This was a test flight.

Rich

Yes, I believe you are correct Rich. Was listening to the 104.9 disk
jockey that was claiming this was the ten million dollar x-prize
attempt. But I believe you are correct on the plan. But if I was
Burt: I would have stuck in a couple of sand-filled mannequins and
claimed this was attempt #1 since it is so dangerous.

pac