Old February 19th 21, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default FLARM in USA?

On 2/19/21 10:49 AM, Jeff Bures wrote:
On Friday, February 19, 2021 at 9:38:41 AM UTC-8, son_of_flubber wrote:
Note that Power Flarm also has some ADS-B-in capabilities.

Does the PowerFlarm ADS-B in also support weather?

No, it's traffic only, it's 1090 MHz only, and it's possible to buy a PF
device without even that.

If they ever added a UAT receiver, I'd upgrade from my Core, but that's
U.S. proprietary, so not likely to ever happen. Real pity, since it's
$10 worth of hardware. The retransmit of ADS-B signals is a non-starter
for me.

Generally best to fly with a PF, add a ADS-B receiver if you want to
receive both transponder frequencies and wx.

PF is extremely low power, ADS-B is massive overkill for aircraft to
aircraft collision avoidance, but ATC likes to see you 200 miles away.

Dave