Old September 1st 05, 04:48 AM

If it's in writing on the enlistment contract, they'll either keep
their promise or give you a discharge. If it's not in writing, it's
just BS by the Army recruiter.

Recruiters are under tremendous pressure to fill their quotas. If
you qualify for a particular program, they will be happy to put the
commitment in writing. If they start giving you excuses about why
they can't give you a written contract, it is probably because they
are pretty sure that you won't qualify for the program.

And keep in mind that the Army's personnel requirements can turn on a
dime. In 1969 and 1970, the Army was offering many WO pilots who had
completed a combat tour direct commissions as First Lieutenants. A
couple of years later, many of them were forced out of the Army in the
downsizing that occurred after Vietnam had wound down.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:04:36 -0700, The OTHER Kevin in San Diego
skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote:

On 30 Aug 2005 19:23:11 -0700, wrote:

Hello

I am a 32 year old private fixed wing pilot. An army recruiter
promised to get me into Fort Rucker if I joined. Here is the problem -
after the boot camp I will still be an E3, to go to WOFT one must be an
E5 or better. Question-- can they put in my contract that I am going to
Fort Rucker upon completing boot camp?

I wouldn't bank on ANYTHING the recruiter said.