Old September 7th 05, 02:34 AM
Dave

Default AirMap 1000 - 2000 , Great CS from Lowrance

Wellll....

Sh-- happens...

After 15 months of faithful service from our AM 1000, it
crapped... never heard a satellite again.

The receiver apparently died completely....

Returned on a Tuesday to Lowrance, arrived Friday. They
looked at it on Monday,---- it's toast, will send us a replacement
for $299 (cdn) (warrenty expired...)

Can I pay the difference and upgrade to a 2000?

Hmmmmmm.....

Some discussion.. (the 1st tech I spoke to earlier said I
could IF THEY COULD NOT REPAIR MY 1000..)

Sooooo...

They could not repair it (at the Canadian Service center)

So...

..for another $100 more, we have a new Colour 2000...

WHATTA NICE INSTRUMENT! So far working great....pirep to
follow if anyone interested....

Then....

Depth sounder (18 yrs old) died on my boat, I plan to replace
it with a (guess what manuf.!) colour unit...

Lowrance exceeded our expectations on this one....

And yes, we COULD have purchased the extended warranty, but
did not....

So we ended up trading for about a dollar a day..

Dissapointed it died, but very happy with Lowrances's
support...

Dave