Old March 23rd 08, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default English Endorsement

On Mar 23, 11:12*am, Dallas wrote:
An amusing email from a friend of mine:

It took me about an hour to set up passwords and ID numbers to order the
changed license. *In true government philosophy of "fighting terrorism
through senseless paperwork", I was required to furnish a current picture
of myself via TX drivers license or Passport. *Immediately below this
section of the form was a bold faced disclaimer that stated (paraphrased) :
PILOTS LICENSES DO NOT USE OR DISPLAY PHOTO ID.

I have no idea why they wanted a picture. I got my new certificate (I
just got back from Mexico) and was never asked for a picture.

-Robert