Old November 4th 04, 02:26 AM
Tony Volk

With this thread still active, I thought I'd take another crack at expousing
Jose's original query to those in the know about the accuracy of Tom's books
on the performance of the F-4 and -14 in Iranian air combat. The stuff on
the Tomcat could surely have a lot to say about the current picture of a-a
combat. Some of you guys must have an inkling about whether or not there
really was a lot of a-a combat as Tom suggests, or whether the "popular"
account of there being very little a-a action (and airworthy 'Cats!) is more
likely to be true. Thanks,

Tony