Old August 26th 04, 01:42 AM
Vince

All that over a cartoon? Taking things a bit too serious aren't you?

Well, yeah, it's just a cartoon, but...

How serious would folks on r.a.h. take it, if a cartoon was run somewhere
showing some terrorists using a homebuilt aircraft for some illicit purpose?

We'd all be "safest", at home and locked indoors by the police. There are
enough threats to our freedom from within, thanks to needless paranoia
and ensuing government overregulation, without having to stir up even more
unnecessary fears. I for one like living in a country where folks are still
free to do things (responsibly) that other people might consider "risky".
Things like flying homebuilt aircraft, and flying model rockets.

Unfortunately, there are people - within our borders - more than willing to
take away a little freedom here, a little liberty there, all so the trembling
ninnies can have a little more "safety". I feel more threatened by them, than
by any terrorist. Pretty soon, there won't be any more freedom and liberty
left to take away.

But we'll all be "safe".

p.s. try and attend an organized launch in your area some weekend - they're
about the most intelligent, amiable and fun-loving folks you'll ever meet, and
I guarantee you'll have a blast.