Old September 2nd 04, 04:36 PM
Keith Willshaw

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

Half-heartedly following this exchange, it occurs to me that no one

person,
group, or even army can rightfully take credit for anything other than

their own
relatively tiny part in the overall picture. If you want to get downright

silly
about it, nothing that happened in the ETO would have happened if we in

the MTO
hadn't had Kesselring and his troops tied up in Italy. Those extra Heer

troops
might have had a decisive influence on the outcome of our invasion

efforts.

Except that we'd have had all those US, British and Canadian
troops that were tried down in Italy available for the campaign

Keith