Old June 1st 05, 06:18 AM
Peter Duniho

"Icebound" wrote in message
... the school with which I fly prohibits circuits on long weekends.

I am not exactly sure whether that is the School policy or the *Airport*
policy..... but in any case, it appears that someone considered
long-weekend-noise-abatement a serious-enough issue as to have instituted
this policy.

That makes no sense.

Long weekends are when the greatest number of people have gone somewhere
else. If anything, it's the short weekends when the neighbors are around to
be annoyed.

Similarly, the number of training flights during a long weekend would likely
be lower than on regular weekends.

I sure would love to hear the straight dope on the history of that policy.
It makes no sense.

Pete