Old January 5th 04, 05:09 PM
Ron Natalie

"Robert Moore" wrote in message . 6...
The Teamster cargo handlers at JFK
didn't help the situation either, they stole at least 10% of
everything that passed through the JFK cargo terminal.

Wasn't just the teamsters. Ever read Harry Hill's books. The mob
used JFK as their personal one-stop shopping for larceny.

It just wasn't in PanAm's corporate structure to forsee that in
the future, cargo and low-cost travel would dominate.

Yep, I was a Pan Am traveler in the 70's. Old flight 101 from NY
to Rio and a 707 three stopper from Nairobi back to NY (20 hours
I think, longest flight I've ever been on).

My father was counsel to Martin Shugrue in the Eastern bankruptcy
days and I believe in the "new Pan Am" days as well.