Old November 7th 04, 04:46 PM
Ron Natalie

I agree that a log search is the best way to know what is going on but with
the fleet pushing 35 to 40 years of age, you could take a weekend to read
through it all.

Yep, and well worth it if you're going to plunk down $$$ on an aircraft.
I had 45 years worth of reading to do on 27K.

By the way, should something like this require a 337?

No. Part 43 Appendix A describes major repair. It primarily
covers "fixing" structural compoents where the repair involves
something that is different than the way it manufactured (like I
put a doubler on a broken spar or something). Replacing a flap
isn't a major repair, you're just replacing one approved part with
another one.