Old March 13th 04, 05:17 PM
Bill Daniels

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message

DG sailplanes makes such a device, called the DSI. Take a look he

http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/dsi-e.html
DG Flugzeugbau GmbH / DSI - Digital Soaring Indicator

Is anyone using one of these? Maybe we already have what we need, but
not enough people are using it.

--
-----
change "netto" to "net" to email me directly

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA

Interesting device but maybe a little too much feature bloat.

It wasn't clear to me that different minimum airspeed warnings could be set
for various glider configurations such as, say, 55Kts with the gear down but
42 knots with the gear up. doesn't really matter - I'd settle for just a
differential pressure switch that is set once and interlocked with the gear.

The "Dolly Warning" is interesting. Just place a magnetic reed switch
inside the tail boom where the dolly fits and bolt a strong magnet on the
dolly.

900 Euro is probably cheap compared to the mayhem it is intended to prevent
but I'd bet that an equivalent device could soldered up for a lot less by an
electronics hobbyist.

Bill Daniels