Old October 25th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
J. Severyn

Default flight school installing an autofuel tank

You are fortunate that alcohol-free autogas is available. In our area of
the US (SF Bay area), all autofuel now has alky, making my autogas STC
useless. Believe me I would love to use unleaded autogas. I did so for
over 1500 hours and the engine was never cleaner internally. The oil stayed
cleaner looking for many hours. My plugs were nearly spotless when pulled
for inspection and regapping. I'd even pay more for autogas, if I could get
it without alcohol.

John Severyn
@LVK

"M" wrote in message
oups.com...
The owner of a flight school at my airport (PAE) told me today that
he'll soon install a 1500 gallon fuel tank for 91 octane autofuel, to
supply fuel for his STC'ed cherokees and the Stingsport LSA on his
flightline (he's a dealer for Stingsport LSA). What a concept! He can
save a whole bunch on fuel, offering a better wet rental rate, and I'll
have another on-airport autofuel supplier in this area (the other is at
the self serve pump at AWO).

In case people didn't notice, the price gap between avgas and autogas
is no longer $1/gallon. It has grown to something more like
$1.30/gallon.