Old January 4th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default test

Kevin: An Army Capt called it for me the Happy Holiday insisters are "Pole
Vaulting over mouse turds". I recently reviewed the Constitution of the US
and found that our Congress has usurped a bunch of power not specifically
granted via the Constitution and I don't hear as much about that as I do
about the Merry Christmas vs Happy Holidays. It seems like the protection
we had provided by the Constitution has been and continues to be eroded at a
frightening pace and people are worried about Merry Christmas!!!
I'm reminded of some guys at a fly-in that owned some helicopters whose tail
rotors turn the wrong direction. When I posed the question, I got funny
looks and the conversation swung to the material used in the upholstery!! I
guess we are only willing to face problems we can handle easily.
BTW the Wasp two seat turbine powered ship is nearing flight stage (I'm
promised a chance to fly the bugger) should be in the air by Sun'n Fun.
Also there is a C18 engined Exec undergoing flight testing in Ok that I'm
following. I saw it hover and saw the installation. I could be talked into
switching.
BTWsquared. We should have an excellent article on helicopter strakes in
our March issue written by a guy who was instrumental in developing the
strakes.
BTW cubed I may be in your area some time this month doing a blade checkout
on a Safari ship.
I would have sent this direct to you but it seems that there are only a
couple of us using this NG.
Stu

Stu
"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:40:15 -0800, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

Hey OTHER Kevin are you still out there? How about some postings on your
experiences as a CFI? We need to keep this NG alive and you can write you
know. (Aside the use of Merry Christmas instead of Happy Holidays
constitutes political incorrectness in some circles where the people do
not
have an interesting life and need instead to correct others)

If I'd ever get around to earning my CFI, I could, but I haven't so I
can't. I *AM* working on the wife so I can buy a Helicycle, but
even if I get in the build queue for the next production run, it won't
be until September '08 that I get the 1st of the parts.

The entire "Happy Holidays" thing ****es me off. I find it offensive
that a small minority of crybabies can make the majority change their
way so as not to offend.

I have a very good friend who's as Jewish as they come. I tell her
Merry Christmas and she tells me Happy Hannukah (or however you spell
it) and we chuckle a bit.

Funny how those same people don't bitch when EASTER VACATION comes
along.....