Old October 6th 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
VOR-DME

Default 61.56 BFR Whaaaat?

George Orwell once wrote a short piece called "Politics and the English
Language." It is worth a read, if only for a hearty laugh and a firm
acknowlegement that yes, others HAVE noticed!

Of the many literary quotes he reproduces in the text, here is one of my
favorites :

"I am not indeed sure whether it is not true to say that the Milton who
once seemed not unlike a seventeenth-century Shelly had not become out of
an experience ever more bitter in each year, more alien to the founder of
that Jesuit sect which nothing could induce him to tolerate."

You almost need a calculator to get through this one sentance!