Old October 7th 09, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

Default 61.56 BFR Whaaaat?

In article ,
Dallas wrote:

Government sector jobs are now more than 50% of total employment in this
country and considering benefits, they now make double the average private
sector salary.

I usually stay out of these discussions but this is just absurd.

50% of total employment and 2x the average private sector salary would
imply that 67% of total salaries in the US are paid to government
employees, and only 33% of total salaries are paid to private employees.

And that is just the minimum. You're claiming "more than 50%", which
would mean more than 67% of total salaries are paid to government
employees, and less than 33% to the private sector.

Did you stop and think about what your claims meant before you made
them? These numbers simply don't line up. How are they getting enough
money from that 33% pool to pay for the 67% pool? It simply doesn't pass
the smell test. If you think about it for a moment, I bet you'll agree.

When you claim big numbers, stop for a moment and see if they actually
make sense. It will save much silliness and conflict if you do so. If
you still believe them, then do us all a favor and actually back up
crazy numbers with sources when you post them.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth