Old March 8th 17, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston

Default Powerpole assembly

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 9:14:50 AM UTC-8, Craig Funston wrote:
On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 8:28:16 AM UTC-8, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
You can crimp, you can solder. Don't accept my word, read the manufacturer.....
https://powerwerx.com/help/powerpole...y-instructions

.

My reading of the manufacturer's recommendations is that crimping is preferred to soldering.

"crimping an Anderson Powerpole connector to wire is much preferred for better long lasting results"

https://powerwerx.com/help/powerpole...ctors#crimping

Craig

At $35 a good crimper isn't horribly expensive and seems like a worthwhile investment for a mission critical component.

https://www.amazon.com/Anderson-Powe...r+pole+crimper

Craig