Old November 5th 19, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default GLIDING INTERNATIONAL -- RESEARCH

On Monday, November 4, 2019 at 6:53:29 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
nbnbn wrote on 11/4/2019 3:02 PM:
There were 2 in the Northeast this year. Not a secret, both previously reported to the world at large.

Can you supply more information? My search of the NTSB accident database did not
find any fatal motorglider accidents in the Northeast for the last 24 months. It
did find two motorglider accidents, but those were in Utah and NV, and three
fatalities in Vermont, but in a 2-32.

I know of 3 in the Northeast this year.

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/Re...relim&IType=LA

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/Re...relim&IType=LA

The other is a motor glider that ran out of gas and landed (with substantial damage but no injuries) in a swamp. That one isn't in the database.

T8