Old March 13th 05, 02:18 PM
Bob McKellar

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message
"Mike Kanze" wrote:

Although off-topic and long, I thought the below interesting enough that
this group might enjoy. It is a good illustration of the complexities of
operating the large tilting aerodrome (even when not at flight quarters),
the value of knowing your stuff, and classy leadership.

I do not know personally any of the protagonists in this story. Rather I
received this from Roger Picquet, a classmate of mine from our Midshipman
days at the University of California, Berkeley NROTC unit.

After a stint as a skimmer, Roger left the Navy for the law and is now a
Superior Court judge in San Luis Obispo County, California.

Very interesting Mike!...and that's from an AF guy too!...
--

-Gord.
(use gordon in email)

I printed it out for my school teacher wife. to demonstrate the benefits of
clear lines of authority and responsibility, and respect up and down the
levels of organization. Our local school system is on accreditation
probation for violations of those principles.

Great story!

Bob McKellar