Old April 20th 05, 06:30 AM
RST Engineering

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm absolutely serious, what's the issue?

Well since we're critiqing solutions...

Thankful we aren't crititquing spelling...

1) I didn't like this one because you're asking the guy to take apart
his fancy audio panel (warrenty?). And there is a good chance that
resistor, if it exists, is a tiny surface mount part about the size of
a piece of pepper. Plus the solution only works for people who own the
same make/model audio panel.

I'm not asking the guy to do anything. I'm simply pointing out how the
problem can be solved. You predicate surface mount, and even if it is, the
part is about the size of a matchhead, not a piece of pepper. So what if
the solution only is valid for that particular make/model of audio panel?
The general solution is valid for ALL audio panels, not just this
make/model. What don't you understand about generic solutions to problems?

2) I didn't like the emitter-follower amp because then you have to pull
(and breaker) power out to power the amps. His signal already has
enough power, its just the wrong impedance.

Didn't spend too much time in engineering school, didja? Do me a favor. Do
an Ohm's law calculation for the volts into 10K versus the volts into 500
ohms as a function of power. It isn't the wrong impedance, dunderhead, it
is not enough power to drive the requisite load. Your stupid suggestion of
a transformer indicates that you have not a clue about power transfer.

3) You might get away with this, but then again, as you alluded to,
that stereo may not like having its outputs connected to ground. Its
kind of a kludge to drive that 500 ohm input with an 8 (or less) ohm
output, there may be distortion because of the mismatch.

Oh, bull****. Don't post here with this sort of stuff unless you've done it
before.

Jim