Old October 16th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Default AOA indicator pinout

Dan wrote:
Morgans wrote:

"Dan" wrote

Mine reads to + 30º. I am finishing out an instrument panel for an
airplane I will never be able to afford to complete. My own design.

Hmmm, interesting.

Now that our curiosity is aroused, care to tell us more?

Planform, construction materials/methods, approximate performance
parameters, locomotion, how many places?

So many questions! ;-))

1/2 scale A-10, aluminum, Vne 350ish, range on internal fuel at 75%
approximately 400 miles, ducted fan (7,000 rpm-ish), 1 place. It started
as an mind exercise based on my headroom requirements not being
available in any homebuilt design plus A-10 being a rather neat
aircraft. I'm not going to build it because I will probably never get my
medical back, but I make sub assemblies for the fun of it. I have made
two main instrument panels for it, one IFR the other VFR. It's
occupational therapy

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I thought about building a cockpit simulator - for similar reasons.
Decided to go sailing instead.

But I certainly understand...

Richard