Old November 21st 09, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

Default Zenith Zodiac 601XL

"vaughn" wrote

True, but the reality is that this is NOT a big auto manufacturer and
there are no "deep pockets" to pay for the necessary alterations.

Yes, I fully understand that this is the reality of the situation. Doesn't
make me like it any better, though.

The worst situation would be if a lawsuit forced the manufacturer out of
business and 601XLs everywhere become nothing but expensive lawn
ornaments. Far better for the owners to "pay the freight" so that the
manufacturer can stay in business and support the fleet so that the planes
retain some value.

Unfortunately for the saps holding the bag, but true again. One can at
least hope that the parts for the modifications are made available at cost.
No way should any reputable company make any money on a problem not of the
consumer's doing.

Even at its best, this situation will have a chilling effect on the
whole non-Cessna part of the LSA industry. Now everyone can see how the
inevitable industry "shakeout" of small LSA manuf.acturers can leave
aircraft owners stranded without support.

I'm not so sure that there will be any shakeout, because of this. I think
everyone in all of general aviation (certified and non certified) allready
knows that they will end up paying more, if they are the holder of
....defective crankshafts, or bad lifters, or bad avionics or... on and on)
whatever problems that a plane they own may have that has to be replaced or
modified.

I was just venting. It isn't fair to pay today's prices for aviation stuff
that is new and should be good to go for a long time, only to find out that
it is necessary to pay a big chunk of change extra, to make it useable. Not
fair at all, but there it is.
--
Jim in NC