Old June 30th 10, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default making a comeback

"Stephen!" wrote in message
"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk @See My Sig.com wrote in
:

New (to me) airplane is paid for (LSA amateur built taildragger
(Merlin GT)) and waiting for me to get current to come get it. Hangar
is sitting empty.

Have fun with that!

I intend to. Just need to get it home first.

Last week I got the opportunity to take a ride the *THE* airplane that
won the Short Takeoff and Landing competition in Valdez last month.
Although we didn't break any records, with the ~250lb pilot in the front
seat and me in the back, we still broke free of the grass in less than
150'. I've seen video of this airplane on floats getting off the water
in
about the length of the floats.

Kewl.

Someday I'll get my tailwheel endorsement and a taildragger to go along
with it.

I suppose it's too late to point out that learning to fly from square 1 in
a taildragger is easy, transitioning from a nosewheel to a taildragger
seems to be much more difficult... ;-)

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com