Old August 18th 03, 08:18 PM
Mike Rapoport

This is correct but AFAIK none of the current GPS navigators provide GS
info.

Mike
MU-2

"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...
Aaron Coolidge wrote in message

Snowbird wrote:
: I know the KI-209a will accept input from a GPS.
: Is that just for the left-right course deviation indicator, or
: is it set up to accept input to the glideslope as well, for use
: w/ VNAV? Anyone know?

Sydney, the GS signal is a standard signal for almost all radios,
something like +/- 150 microamps. As I recall it is not switched
with the GPS relay, but it has been a while.

I'm not sure this is answering what I was asking. Probably
I phrased my question unclearly.

What I was asking was, when the 209a is switched to "GPS" mode,
will the up/down needle accept VNAV input from the GPS, if the
GPS is capable of outputtng VNAV info.

I just spoke with Honeywell tech support, though, and the answer
I got was unambiguous "yes". When the unit is switched to "GPS"
mode, if VNAV info is provided the 209a should accept it ie, both
needles are "alive" in GPS mode.

Cheers,
Sydney