Old February 14th 04, 03:07 PM
Sla#s

"Bob" wrote in message
That is real info. What does balancing a tail rotor have to do with Main
Rotor Blades? I'm a maintenance guy who has bee ground running

helicopters
for almost 20 years. By the way Main Rotor Blades is what helps to make

it
a HELICOPTER. Which bunch of Yahoos are WE? Any PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION
that the PROFESSIONAL avaition community might be familiar with???

You are missing the point. On 3180s & 315s one runs the machine without the
blades to centre a new servo. (If you don't have a hydraulic rig on site)
That is a standard practice. So one might as well do the tail rotor whilst
you are at it. AND Its a hell of a lot quicker than when the MRBs are
fitted. OK those machines have a clutch but I still say it would also be
quicker - and safer - to do maintenance runs on 350/355s, that did not
involve needing the MRBs, without them.

Slatts